Common Identity Proofing Across platforms
- Digital/Trusted credentials to access platform programs and services.
- Trusted Identity Information:
- Accurate, up-to-date identity information is made available to partners for authenticating users to access programs and services where identity is required.
Identity management is a hot topic and there are many trials and tests on this use case. Digital iDenity (DiD) can help:
- Manage peoples identity securely and allow them control over its’ usage
- Tokenized identity for trading online – making it easier and safer to shop with retailers
- Easier to prove entitlements – i.e Proof of age, proof of address etc
- Identity proofing based on mobile app – using your smartphone as your ID for everything you may need in your daily life
- Once verified, iID can be linked to proofing documents/attestations
Identity Management benefits and outcomes
Let’s look at a few benefits of implementing DiD using Blockchain technology:
- Users can also leverage DiD in the commercial sector for opening bank accounts, utility registration, etc.
- An institution (e.g., a bank or utility) can prompt the user for DiD
- User’s mobile app is notified of the request, and upon user’s permission will authorize the system to share information
- User sign up to organizations is simplified and accelerated
- Relevant personal reputation info can be tracked with DiD