Supporting the transition to digital democracy, e-Vote is a solution that, due to its blockchain nature, makes voting instantaneous, anonymous, immutable, transparent and auditable.
Hold state, municipal or corporate voting with e-Vote
- Set-up a new ballot, inform participants about it and process the results within minutes
- Save money on operational costs and time
- Engage more people by offering an instant and secure way to vote
Vote electronically with e-Vote
- Obtain a digital ID
- Log in into the system with it
- Get your unique set of keys generated
- Access the results and verify your vote was counted and correct
Luxoft e-voting platform
“Luxoft is proud to have an opportunity to work together with the city of Zug to explore various blockchain applications,” said Vasily Suvorov, Chief Technology Officer at Luxoft. “As Europe’s leading supporter of blockchain, Zug already accepts cryptocurrency for services, has digitized ID registrations built on the blockchain, and now we have helped them create and try the means to safely and securely move voting online.”
Luxoft built the permissioned blockchain based solution e-Vote, including the platform itself, software and algorithms on Hyperledger Fabric. This was then integrated with Zug’s Ethereum-based digital ID registration application, enabled by uPort, to allow residents to cast votes on the blockchain. The solution uses an innovative encryption technology that on one hand anonymizes the votes and on the other hand allows tamper-proof tally and secure audit.
With help from the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, AWS and n’cloud.swiss, the platform is deployed on three different data centers in the cloud: two in Switzerland and one in Ireland. By distributing the data into three different data centers, security and data loss risks are distributed geographically, making the system more robust. What’s more, the platform can permanently delete voting data within an agreed time, in accordance with Swiss law.
“There is a concern with e-voting as it is a fundamental mechanism for direct democracy,” said Suvorov. “As a result, we believe this technology cannot be owned by a single company. We will make the e-voting platform open source so people can understand what makes up the technology and how it works, ensuring full transparency. Looking ahead, our alliance will encourage more people to develop blockchain-based applications for Governments worldwide.”
Decentralized Voting Box Fundamentals:
- Digital Identity for anti-fraud protection – Each participant, whether individual or organization, holdsa unique digital id, which enhances privacy without diminishing security.
- Tamper-proof decentralized data storage – No single entity manages the network, and every node of the system “sees” the whole and complete voting history at all times. It is impossible to falsify data without everybody knowing it.
- Integrity due to use of Cryptography – Each personal vote is signed by the private key, which is generated uniquely for each voter and each poll.